Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Fear of the Walking Dead

Many of you out there are fans, or at least have heard of, the hit show The Walking Dead( will be referred to as TWD from here on out). The show has been going on for over five seasons now and is a great success and is something that I personally look forward to every single week. Earlier this year, the show "The Fear of the Walking Dead" (TFWD) was announced to be a sort of filler show in between seasons of TWD. This show got lots of fans hyped to have some sort of action-packed zombie thriller show to watch no matter what time of the year it was. I was extremely excited when I heard the announcement for the show and was planning on watching it regularly. The first week it aired this past summer, my family and I all sat down to watch it, since all of us have enjoyed TWD. We go out and got some food and then came home to watch it, and every single one of us was more interested in our food after about the first half of the show. The opener was slow, and overly complicated. The characters had a family relationship that was hard to figure out, and it made it difficult to keep track of who was who. The show started off in a time before the apocalypse which was a nice thing to see, but made it even more slow, without the impending threat of a walker coming up and eating a character from behind. The show also didn't do a very good job of explaining the relationships between some people, but that was improved upon in the next episode. In the second episode I continued to watch, hoping that it was just a slow start, and again, I found myself disinterested and more concerned with what was going on elsewhere. I finished watching it and found myself thoroughly disappointed that all this hype behind a show was falsely placed. It actually made me slightly less excited for the next season of TWD, but I know I will still watch it just because it has been so fantastic. I will leave you readers today with this, try something first before you believe the hype surrounding it. If I would have listened to this I would not have found myself wasting two hours on my couch watching this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment