Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Learning an Instrument

If you find yourself wanting something to do with your time, something you can do no matter who or where you are, something you can do when you're young until you are old, I suggest you seek an instrument you want to learn. Learning an instrument is an amazing experience that can bring you thousands of hours of entertainment. Not only do you preoccupy yourself with something to do for as long as you want, you now have the power to entertain someone wherever you are. I learned to play the piano when I was 4, and I have been playing now for twelve years. I am now able to sit down and learn a song someone wants me to play in one sitting, and the joy I see it bring to people is amazing. The ability to make others happy from just playing an instrument is mind blowing. I feel like learning to play an instrument is the best use of your free time, as it is entertaining, rewarding, and something you can do your whole life. When you learn a song you've been trying to master for days, weeks, and sometimes even months, it is the best feeling in the world, then imagine something even greater, when you share it with others. When you learn an instrument, you practically are investing your time into making yourself and others happy, and the grant yourself the ability to become an entertainer. Many people know how to play an instrument and play as a hobby, so don't feel pressured to share your ability. I know lots of people who aren't open about sharing their music, which is perfectly fine. It is yours when you create it, and you don't have to let people know. It can be your own secret time-killing, stress-relieving, art form. Don't know what instrument to pick? Try some! Go to a music store and try and find something you can see yourself spending hours with day in and day out. I recommend the piano because it can make truly gorgeous sounds, but there are so many instruments to choose from that you shouldn't limit yourself to just one. I myself play the alto saxophone, the bassoon, the piano, and the drums. I don't have much free time anymore, but it is always great when I can get back to any of my instruments and just sit in a room and play for an hour or two.

1 comment:

  1. For anyone reading this post and considering to learn an instrument, learn trumpet and join the marching band! We have food!

    ReplyDelete