Thursday, October 1, 2015

John F. Kennedy's Fall Play 2015 "Nice People"

Kennedy High school's Drama department is putting on it's fall play this weekend, having showings Thursday, October 1st, Friday, October 2nd, and Saturday October 3rd, as well as an additional showing Thursday, October 8th. The play itself was written by a former student of Kennedy High school, named Alyosha Robertson, who wrote the play, then submitted it to The University of Iowa, which had a workshop over it, and now Kennedy is putting on the show for the first time. Robertson plans on attending. The play is about a complicated relationship between multiple people who essentially just keep cheating on each other.  The play looks like it is going to be very funny, and I plan on going if at all possible. Plays normally aren't my type of thing I enjoy to go to, but this is a special circumstance because I know many of the people in the play, and it looks so comical that I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I missed out on this one. I will maybe do an update after I go and see the play to inform you all of my opinion on the play. I expect that there will only be positive reviews from this show and I also applaud the hard work of the people who put this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment