Thursday, January 21, 2016

Super Smash Bros for Wii U Opinon

Super Smash Bros for Wii U, also known as SSB4, is the game I play the most. It is very interesting how the game has played out, as after it was released, there were balances and changes made to the game and characters to try and make it more fair. This is unlike any other smash game before hand, and is one reason why the game is so great in my opinion. Now I am not going to say that SSB4 is the best version of Smash Bros, but I am going to say that it has been the version I have had the most fun on when playing. The game is so unique compared to the older versions of the game, having characters from so many different games and new mechanics of how the game works. They have characters such as Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Mr Game and Watch, Sonic, Pacman, Megaman, and even Ryu. Just such as wide variety of characters just makes the game a lot more interesting and fun to play. The play styles of each character is unique and interesting. SSB4 for sure had the craziest character list of any of the games, and is even having more characters released after it was developed available as downloadable content. Characters like Mewtwo and Cloud have been released as DLC and some more are coming soon. SSB4 is the best version of smash to get together with some friends and just hang out and play for a while on weekend in my opinion. This doesn't mean that I don't think the game is competitive. I think this game is for sure able to be played at a competitive level and I know that there are very advanced technical aspects or techs that are possible to pull of in the game. Perfect pivoting, Ledge canceling, stage teching, and many other character specific techs that make the game really cool. I do however think currently that there are other versions of smash that are better for competition. I plan on going over mainly the character list in SSB4 as it is the game that I enjoy the most and play the most. I have played every version of smash that has been released by Nintendo. 64, Melee, Brawl, 3ds, and now Wii U, and I have loved them all, but I have to say that I love SSB4 by far the most of any of the games. I just find that I am able to sit down and play for however long I want and have a great time, get better, and pull of some really cool combos. It might have to do with my age but I feel that this game is the one that I really feel connected with as I didn't play the other versions nearly as competitively as I was too young during their release. The one problem that I see with this game is that it is for the Wii U. I specifically bought a Wii U for this game to be honest. I haven't played a single other game on my Wii U except Smash bros. It is really the only purpose for the Wii U currently, but if you are able to get your hands on one for SSB4, I highly recommend that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment