Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Special

This week I am going to be doing a lot of blogging about my holiday I celebrate, Christmas. Sorry if you celebrate something different, but I will not be doing blogging over other holidays. I don't know them well and don't feel comfortable honestly trying to say I do. So, anyways, let's get started

Christmas time is one of the best times of the year. Without a question. For me, Christmas time really starts as soon as thanksgiving is over. Once I get back from visiting my family for Thanksgiving, and it turns into December, and snow begins to fall, it feels like Christmas. Somethings, like snow, family, food, just need to be there in order for it to feel like Christmas. I think that the main point of Christmas for me at least is that you get to do lots of thing you normally wouldn't do with your family.Think of all the Christmas traditions you have. Going to church on Christmas Eve. Singing Silent Night. Opening Presents. Meeting Family. Having dinner. Baking Cookies. Whatever you do. Think what this time of year would feel like with out those. Doesn't feel quite right does it? So, I argue, that it isn't just this time of year that is special, but the way we spend it with our families that do. Family is really important to me this kind of year, especially remembering those from my family who are no longer with us. Our family always gets together at our aunt's house and we have a big party for everyone to come and bring different things and just have a great time. I love Christmas, it is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. Just there is nothing else that compares to it for me. I get to do so many things with my family leading up to Christmas, and then as soon as it is over I have my birthday, then I go back to school and catch up with everyone that I had been missing for the past half of a month. Christmas break is going to be busy busy busy for me this year and I think I am just about ready for it. This is my last week before we are off for break and I am really looking forward to being able to sleep in, as well as I am ready for Christmas. Now if only there could be snow on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment