Thursday, December 10, 2015

Holiday Baking

Around the holidays my family always decides to make tons of cookies. My mom usually makes the most, but lately she has been teaching me to make some of the cookies and treats as well. We sometimes go up to MN and get togethor with our family and just bakje cookies for an entire day sometimes even an entire weekend. We usually end up making so many cookies that we actually just give over half of them away and then gorge on the remaining hundred dozen or so. These cookies aren't just fun because we get to eat the cookies, which don't get me wrong is really fun, but it is fun because we get to spend time with family and talk and get to know what is going on with eachother. These kinds of traditions are what makes winter so much fun for me. Getting to spend time with family and know that Christmas is on the way is one thing that makes me look forward to winter every year. As soon as summer is over I start waiting for winter to come, counting down the days that it will be until winter break where I will then go up to Minnesota and have a wonderful Christmas with my family. Family traditions are really important, not just baking, but other things too, like gift exchanges, going and seeing movies, staying in and making family dinners, whatever it is that you guys do, make sure you always set aside time to do it, even if it isn't that important to yourself, because it could be really important to your family that you do it for them. Just like my tradition, I don't love to bake, but I do love being able to spend time with my family, and I love getting a lot of cookies out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment